AirScale Micro RRH
AirScale Micro RRH gives the capacity consumers need at lowest TCO
As the world goes digital, people’s daily lives are increasingly dependent on easy access to data, wherever they are. High-quality mobile connectivity can influence where people decide to live, raise the efficiency of their work and increase their relaxation time. By steadily densifying their networks, communications service providers (CSPs) will be better placed to meet the ever-growing demand for capacity and reliable coverage everywhere, indoors and outdoors. Flawless connectivity is fundamental to customer satisfaction. AirScale Micro Remote Radio Head (RRH) allows operators to build networks with the right cell size, allowing them to manage costs and build the capacity they need, where it’s needed.
AirScale Micro RRH portfolio supports 5G and a wide range of frequency bands including CBRS (Citizens Broadband Radio Service), LAA (Licensed Assisted Access) along with a unique AirScale Micro RRH Enclosure that leverages the compact size of AirScale Micro RRHs to pack up to three AirScale Micro RRHs, antennas, passive transport in one package to deliver throughput capacity of over 1 Gbps. AirScale Micro RRH increases the flexibility of the AirScale System Module by providing diverse and versatile deployment options.
- Managed cell costs with right size radio for right purpose
- Optimized cell size with right power level per location and use case
- Reduced OPEX with common operation & management system
- AirScale baseband driving all radios/ baseband hoteling
- Seamless HetNet macro/micro coordination
- 5G and 4.5G/4.5G Pro/4.9G support
- Enables communication service providers (CSP’s) to increase capacity and improve coverage in dense areas, where equipment space comes at a premium
- Small footprint, more capacity and less power consumption drive towards meaningful savings in operational costs
Use cases: Dense urban hot spots, grey/white spots, indoor coverage, indoor/outdoor mass events, seamless carrier aggregation with overlaying macro
- Nokia launches world-first MulteFire(TM) small cell to widen adoption of private LTE for industries, enterprises and operators 25 Jan 2018
- Nokia to improve capacity and coverage of Zain Iraq's network for Zeyara and beyond11 Oct 2017
- Nokia expands private wireless network portfolio to support enterprises in their digital transformation07 Sep 2017
- Nokia puts operators on path to 5G by boosting 4G performance06 Sep 2017
- Nokia enhances emergency service response times and situational awareness with ViTrust critical communications portfolio16 May 2017
Related blog posts
#smallcells from @Nokianetworks
With the move from the traditional Distributed RAN architecture to Centralized RAN, networks are becoming denser and based on virtualized functions. Using the AirScale Micro RRH, operators can build the cost-effective networks they need, providing exactly the right capacity where customers demand it.