Network Modernization: World class network quality and services built on expertise and best practices
With the boom in smartphones and data-intensive wireless devices, mobile subscriptions for high data consumption devices are expected to reach 8 billion by 2019. Networks are required to become ‘highways’ of data-traffic and carry it with increasing speed and lower latency content like video. Mobile data traffic is expected to grow 10 fold between 2015 and 2019.
So are you planning a major technology transformation in a live network? Are there many risks in sight? It does not need to be that way.
Our customers from all around globe were ahead of very complex technology transformations. Within these successful projects customer experiences were maintained and/or improved while the modernization projects were ongoing.
Our modernization projects have delivered clear benefits to our customers:
- timely delivery
- high network and service quality
- no interruptions to customer experience during on-going projects
T-Mobile had LTE coverage nationwide three months early ahead of its schedule while Mobily achieved 50% improved downlink throughput.
Go to our Customer cases section for a deeper dive into the two stories.
Mobily - on the road to be the number one in delighting customers
Mobily, the second largest operator in Saudi Arabia needed to simplify its network operations and vendor strategy. Its complex, multi-layer, multi technology network included 2G, 3G and TDD-LTE and FDD-LTE –leading to high OPEX.
Nokia Networks, already a trusted partner for the last three years, became the natural choice for Mobily to outsource its network operations, thus the operator renewed the contract for five more years.
Learn more by reading out success story here.
T-Mobile revolutionizes U.S. 4G market aided by Nokia’s super-fast project to roll out LTE
By the end of 2013, Nokia had built 5,700 sites and upgraded and optimized nearly 5,000+ existing T-Mobile sites for LTE. The result is that T-Mobile now offers the fastest nationwide 4G LTE network in the U.S., covering over 265 million people - number which is expected to grow to 300 million by the end of 2015.
Read our success story to find out more
- Spark New Zealand invests in strategic partnership with Nokia for core infrastructure to prepare for 5G, ultra-broadband and IoT14 Jun 2017
- Nokia enhances emergency service response times and situational awareness with ViTrust critical communications portfolio16 May 2017
- Nokia bolsters software offering with increased intelligence to improve digital customer care and drive new service provider revenue streams15 May 2017
- Nokia studies outline business return-on-investment from 5G services18 Apr 2017
- Nokia and nbn Australia explore ultra-broadband future with successful next-generation fiber trial10 Apr 2017
Related blog posts
- Yes, ROI in Small Cell deployment is possible indoors and out09 Jun 2017
- Give your radio network the freedom it deserves04 Nov 2016
- SAMBA, a new choreography to boost network performance31 Oct 2016
- Moving to the cloud doesn’t have to be a risky business17 Oct 2016
- Avoiding the Betamax trap in the smart home30 Aug 2016
Expert network optimization for top performing networks
Rolling-out a high performing LTE network 3 months ahead of schedule
#ExpertAdvantage from @Nokianetworks
Nokia is a leading global hardware and software service provider with solid multivendor expertise, a strong partner ecosystem and a global footprint. We use automated software tools and skilled engineers with deep technical product expertise and extensive experience in delivering complex projects as a service.