Nokia AVA cognitive services platform
Nokia AVA cognitive services platform offers readiness to manage a multitude of connected applications
Our Nokia AVA cognitive services platform delivers today’s services quickly and flawlessly. It also helps you prepare for the Internet of Things when near 100% availability will be essential to manage the multitude of connected applications.
Today, fewer than 5 billion people are connected. Yet by 2025, there will be 50 billion interconnected ‘things’, including devices and sensors for health monitoring, field operations, power generation, smart metering, automotive and for recreation.
Our Nokia AVA cognitive services platform is ready to support the network speed, accuracy and data processing that will be needed. The platform integrates cloud-based delivery, intelligent analytics and extreme automation to deliver instant and flawless personalized services.
Nokia AVA prepares you for tomorrow’s programmable world in which near perfect performance will be essential to manage the multitude of connected applications.
The platform supports our Care services (including Predictive Care), Optimization services (including Predictive Optimization), Network implementation and Managed services. Available today are services for Nokia Care and multi-vendor Predictive Optimization, while other services will follow shortly.
- Improved network performance for near 100 percent service availability for a better subscriber experience
- Predictive Care Real time monitoring for Packet Core achieves 98% accuracy in identifying anomalies (indicating a future degradation) across 3,000 KPIs
- Automated root cause analysis solves some cases in minutes instead of hours
- Predictive Optimization for services like VOLTE reduces SRVCC by 20 %
Highly competent and highly automated, Nokia Global Service Delivery Centers use artificial intelligence and robotics to become ‘wisdom’ centers that deliver expertise across the globe. We aim to incorporate 80% automation in about half of our delivery processes.
Analyst TBR’s December 2015 report says: “Nokia is taking its service delivery organization to the next level of efficiency by leveraging automation and cognitive analytics, setting the stage for a sustained competitive advantage over peers."
View the report (pdf)
Wang Wei, Expert of network O&M department Shanghai Mobile:
The rollout of LTE has brought new challenges for the Packet Core and in a busy city such as Shanghai we needed to find Care solutions that focus on the customer experience and help us predict and stop problems from happening. We worked closely with Nokia and jointly innovated a solution based on Nokia predictive care which provides real-time monitoring for Nokia and third party packet core network elements. The solution analyzes and correlates more than 3,000 network performance indicators.
"Using big data analytics and Nokia Predictive Care for Packet Core we can identify the most valuable operational alarms which we can tackle promptly. We can pro-actively pinpoint and correct hidden issues by configuring network elements so we can cope with changing network conditions, giving us a powerful way to solve new problems automatically and rapidly. This reduces customer complaints and improves customer satisfaction significantly. We can now say that in our network operations we could not work without the solution."
Shanghai Unicom Hu Qiang, General Manager O&M department Shanghai Unicom:
The introduction of LTE has brought new demands for our network. Should an issue arise in the packet core, we would have to spend a lot of time finding and solving the problem. That meant the customer experience could suffer significantly. We wanted a solution that was more focused on the customer experience. And could help us predict and prevent such issues arising.
"Our network operations have been transformed from purely reactive maintenance to predictive care for handling network issues. The time it takes to identify anomalies has been cut from two hours to a few seconds. Nokia Predictive care for Packet Core is exactly the type of powerful solution we need to safeguard our core network today and in the future."
- Nokia and Zain Saudi Arabia use Centralized RAN technology to boost upload speed by up to 50% for sports fans at Al Jawhara Stadium08 May 2017
- Nokia and MobiFone to deploy 100G transport network in dense economic zones in southern Vietnam 08 Mar 2017
- Nokia software brings new levels of intelligence and automation to service provider networks #MWC1722 Feb 2017
- Nokia maximizes network speed and capacity on path to 5G with launch of 4.9G technology and AirScale Active Antennas #MWC1713 Feb 2017
- Nokia CloudBand open templating system enables automation of virtualized network function lifecycle management05 Dec 2016
Nokia AVA cognitive services platform ensures high network and service availability for a better customer experience. It also opens up opportunities for operators to move into new services like connected health, connected car and other critical services that require the highest service levels.