Worldwide IoT network grid as a service (WING)
Nokia worldwide IoT network grid helps operators and enterprises take advantage of IoT
Deploying global IoT applications is currently hampered by a patchwork of business agreements and management expertise needed to connect devices around the world.
Nokia worldwide IoT network grid (‘WING’) is a managed service that simplifies global IoT connectivity by spanning technologies and borders. This gives enterprises in the health, safety, transport and utilities markets access to a global IoT connectivity grid with subscription and device management, security and analytics all included.
Nokia WING manages the IoT connectivity of assets, such as connected cars or freight containers, as they move around the globe, eliminating the complexities enterprises face in dealing with multiple technology providers.
Operators can take advantage of new business opportunities that will become available by joining a global federation of IoT connectivity services.
They will be able to use their excess network capacity to serve multi-national enterprises that require near-global IoT connectivity to realize new revenue streams, rapidly and with little effort.
Nokia can fast-track an operator’s planned IoT business launch to achieve a short time to market. Nokia WING also provides a white label managed service model, allowing operators to offer the service under their own brand.
Consumers will be able to benefit from a wide range of seamlessly connected IoT applications and devices as Nokia takes the lead in collaborating with operators to create one global IoT grid.
- Global connectivity for a wide range of IoT applications for enterprises in the health, safety, transport and utility markets
- Switches intelligently between cellular, licensed and unlicensed LP-WAN technologies for truly global coverage and best-in-class performance
- Can automatically configure connectivity to an operator network as an asset crosses borders
- One point of contact for IoT product innovation and customer care
- Nokia WING is a managed service including provisioning, operations, security, billing and dedicated customer care from key operations command centers
- The Nokia WING service model uses the Nokia IMPACT IoT platform, with new e-SIM subscription management and Nokia M2M Core as-a-Service
- Operators benefit from fast time to market and new revenue streams
- Consumers benefit from faster and better IoT applications to help them in their daily lives
- Nokia enhances emergency service response times and situational awareness with ViTrust critical communications portfolio16 May 2017
- Nokia bolsters software offering with increased intelligence to improve digital customer care and drive new service provider revenue streams15 May 2017
- Nokia and Zain Saudi Arabia use Centralized RAN technology to boost upload speed by up to 50% for sports fans at Al Jawhara Stadium08 May 2017
- Nokia Home Analytics enables Swiss service provider to deliver a superior home Wi-Fi customer experience04 May 2017
- Nokia's smart city expertise to help make western China's TianFu New Area a science and technology hub03 May 2017
#IoT from @Nokianetworks
Nokia worldwide IoT network grid (‘WING’) is a managed service that offers enterprises access to a worldwide IoT grid that tracks connected cars, freight containers and many other assets as they traverse the globe. The solution intelligently switches between the most effective connectivity technology and automatically configures the connectivity to different operator networks as the asset crosses borders. Nokia offers a full service model including provisioning, operations, security, billing and dedicated customer care from key operations command centers which use the Nokia IMPACT IoT platform for device management, subscription management and analytics.