Worldwide IoT network grid as a service (WING)
Nokia WING can help operators and enterprises take full advantage of IoT opportunities
The Nokia worldwide IoT network grid, or WING, is a managed service that helps CSPs go-to-market quickly. It has been created with communication service providers (CSPs) and enterprise customers in mind, as a service that can help them enter the world of IoT, or further grow their existing IoT offerings with a worldwide network grid designed by Nokia for IoT devices.
WING can be provided as a white label managed-service model, enabling operators to offer the service to their enterprise customers under their own brand. Nokia isn’t simply delivering a one-stop IoT services model that includes IoT infrastructure as a service, but also can provide CSPs with the services needed to assess the opportunities for IoT in specific markets; we can also provide go-to-market consultancy services that will make it easier to capture new revenue streams quickly and efficiently.
- Nokia WING provides a managed service for IoT for CSPs and includes provisioning, device management, operations, security, customer care and billing for all connected applications.
- Available as a white label service; this allows those CSPs without an offering with a ready-to-go IoT proposition for their enterprise customers, under their own brand.
- Nokia WING enables CSPs to enter the IoT market quickly, or can help those that want to complement their existing offering with a global core as a service (aaS) network, taking advantage of improved customer experience due to lower latency.
- Enterprise customers interested in becoming a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) themselves can be supported by Nokia WING. In this case, we work in close cooperation with CSPs on cellular connectivity.
- Sales enablement plans: we can help CSPs enter the IoT market by providing use case driven sales enablement plans to target specific vertical markets. These plans depend on their location and how mature they are, e.g. connected cars. In some countries there are huge opportunities in less mature IoT markets such as agriculture, so this can be a differentiator for CSPs.
- We can build on the experience we have with our NG connect IoT community.
- We provide a one-stop offering for all our services.
- We offer flexible pricing models.
- We provide pre-integrated IoT infrastructure, enabling a fast time to market. This includes the core, IoT platform, BSS, and OSS, meaning that the IoT infrastructure is in the cloud. This reduces the total cost of operation (TCO), meaning operators need only to define their business processes and it is ready to go.
- A globally distributed Core aaS, in region and in line with regulatory requirements, with a high quality of service (low latency) and an attractive model for CSPs that wish to complement their IoT offering with a global grid. It can complement existing CSP infrastructure, as IoT will add trillions of devices in the future. Thus, multi-tenant XaaS models provide lower TCO but a great experience.
- In addition, we will have a multi technology, capable IoT platform as a service.
- Nokia and Infracapital to bring high-speed fiber broadband service to underserved regions of Poland 22 Jun 2017
- Spark New Zealand invests in strategic partnership with Nokia for core infrastructure to prepare for 5G, ultra-broadband and IoT14 Jun 2017
- Nokia protects operators' investments in current technology by enabling radio portfolio to support low and high 5G frequency bands13 Jun 2017
- Nokia to unveil breakthrough innovation in IP networking #networksreimagined06 Jun 2017
- Nokia enhances emergency service response times and situational awareness with ViTrust critical communications portfolio16 May 2017