XaaS - Everything as a service
Everything as a service portfolio
Companies need to provide connectivity to their customers fast. As well as traditional operators, enterprises such as coffee shops, airports and hotels are now providing connectivity through e.g. Wi-Fi, and fast installation and management expertise is required.
To remain successful in the connected world, operators and enterprises need to react quickly to changes in network conditions. Providing 'as a service' business models brings flexibility which helps operators deal with the complexities of the ultra-connected world.
To help operators and enterprises meet these challenges, Nokia offers a growing range of 'as a service' software and platform solutions for the monitoring and management of networks:
Wi-Fi Controller as a service
The Nokia Wi-Fi controller will remotely configure, monitor and manage up to 8,000 outdoor and indoor access points, aimed at the enterprise market, support can be scaled as demand grows.
SmartData as a service
Nokia will provide online customer centric dashboards where Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) and Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNOs) can see the performance of devices, applications and services in the network. In addition it shows the overall customer experience on a geo-map and the satisfaction of roamers for example.
Access Management System as a service
Nokia will provide a complete element management system for the Nokia Intelligent Services Access Manager (ISAM) family of DSL and fiber-based fixed broadband access products. Service providers gain a significant cost reduction and remote expertise on their fingertips. See more about Access Management System.
Optimization as a service
Optimization as a service allows operators to access and use proprietary software applications such as its 3-D Geolocation tools. Customers also get access to the data collection and predictive analytics capabilities, as well as to high levels of task automation. This is thanks to the cognitive services platform Nokia AVA and its 24/7 optimization, which can boost network performance for our customers.
- Flexible and predictable costs
- Increased quality due to high degree of standardization
- Convert CAPEX to OPEX by avoiding outright purchase of software
- Easy launch of new products without long integration programs
- Expertise at your fingertips
- Get on the path to the cloudification of the telco industry
- 40 percent cost saving from faster installation, less integration and multi-tenancy
Nokia AVA (Automation, Virtualization, Analytics) is used by Nokia to deploy advanced services to operators and other players through secure, virtualized delivery for flexible and fast commissioning of services.
- Nokia extends managed services agreement with Chorus for fixed line network in New Zealand09 Mar 2017
- Nokia launches Mobile Edge Computing-based enterprise applications19 Sep 2016
- Nokia triples TD-LTE-A speeds and boosts capacity to bridge the digital divide and prepare for 5G in showcase at #MWC Shanghai20 Jun 2016
- Nokia and Three Ireland sign five-year contract to upgrade radio access network operations17 May 2016
- Nokia Network Desk for Loyalty Scores reveals hidden issues affecting customer satisfaction #MWC1604 Feb 2016
#ManagedServices, #NokiaServices, #NokiaAVA from @Nokianetworks
Companies need to provide connectivity to their customers cost-effectively. As well as traditional operators, enterprises such as coffee shops, airports and hotels are now providing connectivity through Wi-Fi.
To help operators and enterprises manage these developing networks, Nokia is extending its range of 'as a service' tools for the monitoring and management of networks.
- Wi-Fi Controller as a service
- SmartData as a service
- Access Management System (AMS) as a service
- Optimization as a service
These as a service tools provide operators and enterprises with flexible and predictable costs, increased quality, lower CAPEX, easy launch of new products and 40 percent cost saving from faster installation, less integration and multi-tenancy.