Be unstoppable on the path to 5G
Our IP Anyhaul solution provides the services, interconnectivity, resilience, and insight-driven automation you need to succeed in the 5G era.
New demands on mobile transport
People expect amazing content and speed on their devices. Cloud-based applications and the Internet of Things (IoT) are putting tremendous demands on networks.
To deliver flawless services, your mobile backhaul network needs high bandwidth, low latency, and sophisticated quality of service capabilities. It must provide dynamic interconnectivity to support new architectures, such as centralized and cloud RAN, distributed and cloud mobile core, and Multi-access Edge Computing (MEC).
With critical low-latency applications such as autonomous vehicles riding on it, your network needs a new level of resilience and security. You need insight-driven automation that can secure your network, make it more efficient, and make it easier to deploy new services.
Paving the way to the 5G era
5G is coming fast. Standards are being released and trials are underway. Our IP Anyhaul solution provides future-ready IP routing that puts you on the path to 5G. Scalable and compatible, it extends your infrastructure investment and allows you to be one of the first to support ultra-broadband connectivity and IoT applications.
We offer a wide range of products to accommodate diverse architectures and deployment scenarios. All our products use the common SR OS software base to provide a rich service suite with a uniform end-to-end operational model.
Managed by our Network Services Platform, the IP Anyhaul solution brings you the benefits of SDN-automated provisioning, optimization, and assurance. These capabilities significantly improve your ability to rapidly address changing market requirements and deliver premium broadband services.
What analysts are saying
"As networks evolve toward cloud-based, software-mediated platforms, the architectural requirements of network infrastructure are changing, requiring programmable, flexible, and dynamic attributes. Nokia's IP 'anyhaul' approach, supported by an end-to-end portfolio, not only addresses the need for programmable, flexible, and dynamic data transport across any domain, but also is optimized to support the network requirements that 5G will bring."
— Patrick Filkins, Telecom Analyst, Technology Business Research Inc.
"As we progress towards 5G, we are witnessing dramatic changes across the RAN, packet core and mobile cloud environments. These changes clearly place increased pressure on the transport network that will prove critical to user experience and operator success.
With a refreshing perspective on the evolution of mobile transport, Nokia’s IP mobile anyhaul is addressing the most compelling mobile transport issues of today while getting the mobile transport network ready for 5G."
— Richard Webb Research Director, Mobile Backhaul & Small Cells | IHS Markit Technology
- Facilitates the evolution to 5G with an expanding product line that offers higher bandwidth and port densification
- Enables the rapid deployment of new services by supporting flexible network architectures
- Accelerates new service implementation with end-to-end service management and SDN capabilities
- Opens new business opportunities
- Supports the growth of IoT applications
- Extends the lifetime of existing infrastructure investment
Our IP mobile anyhaul solution is deployed in hundreds of networks worldwide, including those of North America’s largest service providers. The solution has earned multiple industry awards, including:
We are expanding our IP Anyhaul portfolio to support:
- Multigigabit cell site connectivity, through additions to our 7210 Service Access Switch and 7250 Interconnect Router (IXR) product families
- Dynamic interconnectivity, through our 7250 IXR product family, which is designed and optimized for cloud data center applications. We're also adding an innovative solution for automated, multi-domain connectivity of network functions across the network and distributed cloud data centers.
- High-performance aggregation, through our widely deployed 7750 Service Router SR/SR-s product families, now powered by the FP4 processor
- 7250 IXR-R6
- 7705 SAR portfolio
- 7705 SAR legacy interface cards
- 7210 SAS portfolio
- 7250 IXR-6/10
- 7750 SR portfolio
- Nokia implements Future X network architecture for 5G to deliver breakthrough network performance and reduce costs 29 Jan 2018
- Spark New Zealand invests in strategic partnership with Nokia for core infrastructure to prepare for 5G, ultra-broadband and IoT14 Jun 2017
- Nokia delivers 'anyhaul' end-to-end mobile transport portfolio for the 5G era 23 Feb 2017