Business-driven bandwidth: Build a transport network that lets you rapidly monetize your network investment
Meet the growing demand for dynamic, high-capacity services with Nokia Optical Networking solutions.
Our optical transport technologies let you deliver bandwidth that meets the needs of large enterprises, cloud operators, and internet content providers. They give you the network capacity, efficiency, and flexibility you need to support services that can be deployed and reconfigured on demand.
We provide a portfolio of solutions powered by our Photonic Service Engine (PSE) chipset, the world’s most advanced programmable super coherent digital signal processors. This portfolio gives you:
- Industry-leading optical network capacity
- More wavelength capacity and wavelengths per fiber
- Platforms that can efficiently deliver differentiated services
With our Optical Networking innovations and platforms, you can deliver business-driven bandwidth while maintaining profitability and lowering cost per bit.
Realize the full potential of your optical network
Address the growing demand for dynamic services with petabit-scale multilayer switching and networking. Our Optical Networking portfolio uses super coherent technology that packs more 100G services into every transport equipment rack unit, wavelength, and fiber.
Make your network efficient by using the same optical transport platform for every application, fiber type, and reach. Our 1830 Photonic Service Switch meets all your optical transport needs. We also simplify optical networking with a unified management system and a resilient, multilayer control plane.
Make service delivery more agile and minimize network TCO with a multilayer network that can accelerate time to revenue. Our platforms leverage SDN architectures to harness the power of the most flexible and programmable optical network. Multilayer optical networking flexibility also gives you an economical means to get the most out of your network for every application and fiber type.
The Photonic Service Engine 3 is lighting the way to a new approach and taking optical networking to the limit of physics. Fulfill your network’s true potential with maximum capacity and radically simplified programmability.
Explore our Optical Networking portfolio
Our Optical Networking portfolio supports next-generation multiservice and multilayer transport from access to core. It transforms your traditional optical network into a more scalable, efficient, and flexible multilayer transport network that has the programmability and intelligence to rapidly address your service needs.
1830 Security Management Server Unified key management across optical and microwave transport networks in support of business-critical applications 1830 Photonic Service Interconnect Efficient, cost effective transport capacity for advanced cloud interconnect 1830 Photonic Service Demarcation Deliver end-to-end Carrier Ethernet and wave services PSE Super Coherent Technology Keep up with service demands with the world’s most advanced super coherent digital signal processors 1830 Photonic Service Switch Increase service revenue, reduce network TCO, and extend network lifecycles with a scalable multilayer portfolio that lets you rapidly monetize your network investment 1830 Versatile WDM Module Portfolio Scale network capacity cost effectively by extending CWDM or DWDM to non-WDM-capable network elements Network Services Platform Deliver on-demand network services quickly and economically with a carrier SDN platform that unifies service automation and network optimization Optical Management System Streamline element, network, and service management with a unified, multi-technology platform for network planning and operations personnel 1390 Network Planning Tool Get engineering, planning, and analysis functions that help you bring more automation and efficiency to multilayer optical networks 1850 Transport Service Switch Support any mix of circuit and packet traffic with our flexible family of network transport switches Submarine Terrestrial Integration Integrating terrestrial WDM nodes with the submarine wet link eliminates back-back transponders and terminals to connect the cable landing station to the closest metro POP. Optical Network Certification ProgramOur Optical Network Certification program helps keep your network running smoothly and efficiently with training that leverages decades of Nokia optical networking experience and expertise. WaveLite enterprise optical networkingNokia WaveLite offers the ability to build enterprise private optical networks with ease and economy.
- Nokia pushes optical network capacity to theoretical limits with Photonic Service Engine 3 chipset; massive scale and radical simplicity for video, cloud and 5G growth5 Mar 2018
- Nokia to provide Telenor with optical backbone in Norway and Sweden10 Jan 2018
- Nokia's optical transport technology to help Idea Cellular meet massive bandwidth demand27 Sep 2017
- Nokia supplies Xiaomi with high-speed fiber optic network to interconnect its data centers and create a 'private cloud‘26 Feb 2017
- Nokia delivers 'anyhaul' end-to-end mobile transport portfolio for the 5G era #MWC1723 Feb 2017
- Nokia 100G optical portfolio supports massive growth for Jio's pan-India 4G network22 Mar2017
- Nokia and Facebook break subsea spectral efficiency records in transatlantic field tests21 Mar 2017
- Nokia introduces optical innovations at OFC to help network operators build end-to-end, high capacity cloud connectivity networks16 March 2017
- Nokia and MobiFone to deploy 100G transport network in dense economic zones in southern Vietnam8 Mar 2017
- Nokia and VimpelCom sign major five-year managed services contract for management of fixed, mobile and transport networks7 March 2017
- EneCom selects Nokia as a partner to expand next generation 100Gbps optical network4 Jun 2017
- Nokia and WorldLink build Nepal's first 100G optical network for super-fast broadband services for consumers and businesses10 July 2017
- Nokia optical networking to help China Mobile achieve "Broadband China" strategy17 Aug 2016
- Nokia ushers in 100G transport services era with new programmable silicon chipset and next-generation optical networking systems16 Mar 2016
- Nokia and Ooredoo Algeria achieve transmission rate of 1 Terabit-per-second in Africa’s first field trial of new optical technology20 Dec 2016
#optical from @Nokianetworks
Nokia Optical Networking solutions provide the network capacity, efficiency and flexibility you need for business success. With our technologies and expertise, you can build a business-driven bandwidth transport network that lets you rapidly monetize your network investment.